- Describe the considerations when developing in a multi-tenant environment.
- Understand design frameworks, such as MVC architecture and Lightning Component Framework, and how to build applications using both declarative and programmatic tools.
- Given a scenario, identify common use cases for declarative versus programmatic customizations.
|Data Modeling and Management:
- Given a set of requirements, determine, create, and access the appropriate data model including objects, fields, and relationships.
- Describe the capabilities of the various relationship types and custom IDs and the implications of each on record access and development.
- Describe the options for and considerations when importing and exporting data into development environments.
- Describe the capabilities and use cases for formula fields and roll-up summary fields.
|Process Automation and Logic:
- Describe the capabilities of the declarative process automation features.
- Declare variables, constants, methods, and use modifiers and interfaces in Apex.
- Given a scenario, use and apply Apex control flow statements.
- Given a scenario, write SOSL, SOQL, and DML statements in Apex.
- Given a use case and following best practices, write Apex classes and triggers and use Apex interfaces.
- Given a scenario, identify the implications of governor limits on Apex transactions.
- Describe the relationship between Apex transactions, the save order of execution, and the potential for recursion and/or cascading.
- Implement exception handling in Apex, including custom exceptions as needed.
- Use programmatic techniques to prevent security vulnerabilities.
- Given a scenario, use declarative functionality and Apex together to automate business logic.
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate publish/subscribe logic for platform events.
- Given a scenario, display content or modify Salesforce data using a Visualforce page and the appropriate controllers or extensions as needed.
- Incorporate Visualforce pages into Lightning Platform applications.
- Describe the Lightning Component framework, its benefits, and the types of content that can be contained in a Lightning web component.
- Given a scenario, prevent user interface and data access security vulnerabilities.
- Given a scenario, display and use a custom user interface components, including Lightning Components, Flow, and Visualforce.
- Describe the use cases for Lightning Web Component or Aura Component events.
- Given a user interface requirement, describe interactions between Apex and various types of page components, including Lightning Components, Flow, Next Best Actions, etc.
|Testing, Debugging, and Deployment:
- Write and execute tests for triggers, controllers, classes, flows, and processes using various sources of test data.
- Describe the use cases for invoking Apex anonymous code and unit tests.
- Describe the Salesforce Developer tools such as Salesforce DX, Salesforce CLI, and Developer Console, and when to use them.
- Describe how to approach debugging system issues and monitoring flows, processes, and asynchronous and batch jobs, etc.
- Describe the environments, requirements, and process for deploying code and associated configurations.